Cape Cod Climate Change Collaborative
Our Mission: The Collaborative is a Cape-wide campaign to unite the varied expertise and experience of Cape Cod organizations to address the impacts of climate change. Here on the Cape we have an acute understanding of the threats of climate change- warmer ocean waters, sea level rise and increased storm intensity. The challenge for the Collaborative is to spur local and regional actions to mitigate these impacts by linking available knowledge, talent and tools of Cape Cod organizations.
Click here see see our 5 goals.
The Cape Cod Climate Change Collaborative (5Cs) is a 501c3 non-profit corporation. Donations are tax deductible. Please make checks payable to 5Cs and mail to: PO Box 1092, South Orleans, MA 02662. Thank you for your contribution.
Our membership is made up of organizations on Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard that have committed themselves to reducing their carbon footprints or assisting others in doing so.
5Cs Overview Video
The best way to find out about climate change and 5Cs is to watch our Executive Director Mon Cochran’s presentation to the Bourne Newcomers’ Club. And here is a link to the slides shown in Mon’s presentation.
Dr. Stephen Gates, Technical Director of Cape Cod Climate Change Collaborative, developed a carbon calculator to allow people to determine their carbon footprint and what they can do to reduce it.
- Cape & Vineyard Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Cape Air
- Cape Cool Ocean Protection Advocacy Kids, Inc.
- CARE for the Cape and Islands
- Unitarian Church of Barnstable
- Federated Church of Orleans
- First Parish Unitarian Church of Brewster
- Am HaYam, Orleans http://ahycc.org/index.php
- Unitarian Universalist Meeting House, Provincetown https://www.uumh.org
- David’s Episcopal Church of South Yarmouth
- John’s Episcopal Church of Sandwich
- Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom
- Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Falmouth
- Church Women United https://www.churchwomen.org
- Methodist Church in Osterville http://ostervillechurch.umcchurches.org
- South Congregation Church, Centerville http://southcongregationalchurch-centerville.org
- West Parish Barnstable westparish.org
- Holy Redeemer Catholic Church, Chatham http://www.holyredeemerchatham.org
- Yarmouth Quaker Meeting https://neym.org/meetings/yarmouth
- Pilgrim Congregational Church, Harwich Port https://www.pcchp.org
- Christopher’s Episcopal Church/ Chatham https://www.stchristopherschatham.org
- Barnabas, Falmouth https://www.stbarnabasfalmouth.org
You may find it useful to work on climate issues with similar organizations to yours — what we call 5Cs Networks. Already the first of our networks has formed, the Faith Communities Environmental Network. Co-led by Susan Starkey and Rev. Brian McGurk, this is an ecumenical group open to all faiths on Cape Cod. Read Susan’s story about the initial efforts by her church to get a concrete commitment to reducing carbon footprints. The Story of the Unitarian Church of Barnstable as an inspiring example. To join this network, contact Senior Advisor , Paul Minus, email@example.com or Susan Starkey,firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board of Directors
If you’d like to form another network, please contact us here for more details.
5Cs is governed by a Board of Directors drawn from representatives of its membership. Current Board members are:
- Richard Delaney, Center for Coastal Studies, President
- Mon Cochran, Friends of Pleasant Bay, Vice-President, Executive Director
- Fran Schofield, Pleasant Bay Community Boating, Treasurer
- Pat Hughes, Center for Coastal Studies, Secretary
- Maggie Downey, Cape Light Compact
- Steve Gates, Technical Director
- Sarah Griscom, Pleasant Bay Community Boating
- Herb Heidt, Friends of Pleasant Bay
- Don Keeran, Association to Preserve Cape Cod
- Brian McGurk, Faith Communities Environmental Network
- Jim Wolf, Cape Air
- Dave McGlinchey, Woods Hole Research Center
- Lauren McKJeran, Cape Cod National Seashore
- Liz Argo, Cape and Vineyard Electric Cooperative
- David Mead-Fox, Outer Cape Energize
- Beth Wade, Habitat for Humanity of Cape Cod
- Janet Williams, Associate Director
5Cs is staffed entirely by volunteers.
- Mon Cochran, Executive Director
- Janet Williams, Associate Director
- Stephen Gates, Technical Director